Tuesday, February 18, 2020

canticle 2


all you conspiracy theorists,
all you worriers stockpiling supplies,
all you politicos claiming absolute everything,
all those convinced that only losers
wrap themselves in grace, hope, peace –

God is doubled-up in laughter,
wiping tears from their eyes,
ready to set all those folks straight,
to knock them off their narcissism:

‘look for my Beloveds,
my children,
who know my heart,
who share my soul,
they are transforming weapons
into musical instruments,
taking day-old bread
to make sandwiches for hungry kids’
knock down walls
to build shelters for rough sleepers.”

pay attention – you know-it-alls:
let your callous souls
be transfigured by compassion,
your bullying words
be turned into love’s language,
your life-destroying anger
become comfort for the broken.

then,
you will find new life
in my heart

© 2020 Thom M. Shuman


No comments: